Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bride is the new Black

I'm off to Memphis this weekend for the last time before the actual wedding and Saturday will bring about an event famous in my part of the world

The church lady shower.

This entails about 60-75 women who set you down with finger sandwiches and iced tea and proceed to lavish crock pots upon you. I've never been good about opening presents in front of other people but I figure now's the time to be initiated. But since we set up the registry for donations to Hurricane Katrina victims, maybe it won't be so bad. Lots of Oxfam cards. And maybe some of the nice Lenox silverware...The Fiance convenienty wrangled an invitation to Nashville so I'll be flying solo at this one. But I'll be grateful for the warmup - how does one greet 450 guests in one night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home